Sunday 19 January 2014


I started working with drawings after I tried to make collages, some sculptures and moving images. I realised that only drawings wasn't working for me in a lot of particular ways and I was going through this sort of quest to understand my own identity and my artistic identity as a daughter or a friend to the history of myself. I was so into using sexual and excretory images. I wanted to find out why I did so. There was a huge flood of information that was living back there in my mind. In a way the cut parts of bodies was a result of a practice and also the result of this had me removing something from the whole and then I have got separated from the whole.

On the basis of ideas prompted by psychoanalytic thinking, I am on the process of describing the ideas elaborately considering aspects of methodology and dealing with various materials. For instance, by using images of partly cut human bodies, I tried to think of a relation between subject and abject. Separating my self who feels pathological shame over sexuality from the image that is not cut out allows me to make an image of resistance against the subject in which in spite of incomplete images looked uncomfortable, I cut parts of bodies that provoke sexual arousal to be looked free from taboo. Therefore, spectators in front of the collage I have done ultimately feel comfortable and acceptable. Strangely enough, incompleteness of images can associate with perverse sexuality. There are images of body’s leaking, splitting or decaying as excretory functions. Such desire related to dirty things could allude to resistant images to something repressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.